In the event defaults and editor settings, you can configure the behavior when creating a new event.
- Default Calendar
... lets you configure which calendar is selected by default for a new event, you can always change the calendar at the top of the edit dialog.
- Start time
... the default time for a new event (that is not created by long-pressing on a day, where you explicitly provide a start time.)
You can select:
- any time
- current time
- next full hour
- HTML Formatting
... allows to use HTML formatting like bold, italics, underline in the description field of the event (some Android devices are not fully compatible with this mode).
- Defaults for timed events and all-day events
- duration (only for timed events)
- default notifications
- visibility (private/public/server-default)
- availability (busy/free/tentative)
- Autocomplete for title and location
- history (uses your past event data in the same calendar)
- contacts (used for contact linking / address-lookup)
- Business details
... allows to remove unused features:
- visibility (remove e.g. for non-shared or local calendars)
- show conflicts
- categories (currently only MS Exchange and davX5)
- Advanced settings
- offer hidden calendars for new event
- close event details when editing
... this closes the event details, the popup with the appointment list in the day / week / month view, when editing, otherwise the event details view remains open.
- Back-key behavior (save/cancel)