In timezone settings you currently find the following options NEW in version 2.1
- Device timezone - shows the current device timezone, and links to Android date/time options for configuration
- Home timezone - this is for the respective display option and for new events
- Display event times in
- Device timezone: (the current timezone where you are), this is the default and how Android notifications are triggered
- Event timezone: shows all event times as if you are in the timezone of the event
- Home timezone: shows all event times in your configured home timezone (optionally exclude events in the device timezone or limit to events in your home timezone)
- Mark non-local events - shows a world icon in front of event times from timezones other than the local one
Common timezone issues (Arizona, Saskatchewan, etc)
Some timezones cannot correctly be auto-detected by Android during winter. This is because the GSM network only transmits UTC offset and daylight saving on/off. For most countries, this is sufficient to know the correct timezone, but not for timezones that exist with and without DST (e.g. Arizona, which has timezone America/Phoenix will then be indistinguishable from America/Denver, which does observe daylight saving). Once, the other timezone switches to daylight saving time, your phone will switch to the correct timezone, but events previously created will shift by one hour, as you suddenly are in a different timezone, than your events are stored in.
We are working on an auto-detection for this problem before next winter.