There are several methods to create a new event:
- long press on a day (in week or month view)
- long press on the desired time (or on the right side for all-day events) in day view
- in the event details dialog (after tapping on a day) press the plus button at the bottom
- press the plus button on top (or the floating button at the bottom in agenda view)
- long-press the app icon to access the create-event-shortcuts (you can also drag shortcuts to the homescreen for direct access)
- use the add button on a widget
When creating a new event, simply select the calendar at the top of the screen.
The calendar to which an event belongs, is always given in the event details.